What are rewarded video ads?
Rewarded video ads are unskippable, short video ads (usually 15-30 seconds long) which give users rewards ( in-app currency, premium content, gifts, game coins, etc) upon video completion.
Rewarded video ads are used primarily in gaming apps but can be perfectly adapted to most genres.
Rewarded video campaigns are considered a high-engagement ad format.
They are very effective at giving advertisers higher visibility levels,without being intrusive or damaging the user experience (the user chooses when to view ads rather than being forced to).
How to run rewarded video ads in Bucksense console?
To start a rewarded video campaign simply upload your video ad to the console and add a Companion Ad. Companion ads are mandatory for all rewarded video campaigns. They are End Cards (banners) which are displayed when the user has completed watching the video, and generally include a call to action (eg. redirect to a landing page, redirect to the store for app download, etc). The companion ad will redirect the user to the Landing Page URL that is set in the offer (see here for details).
You can include your companion in the VAST or, upload it directly to Bucksense.
Click here to see how to add video creatives and companions to your video rewarded campaigns.
Follow these steps to create and run in-video campaigns on Bucksense:
- Under the ‘Add Campaign’ Window select an offer (Mobile Web, Desktop, App or Mobile Responsive) for the video campaign and name it. If you need to create a new offer, click the Create New Offer button. Next, choose Video as Campaign type and Open Auction as Type of Auction
- Enter the campaign information and define its settings. Aside from Budget & Spend Type and Creative, the rest of the settings follow the standard campaign set up. For further details on standard campaign setup, please read the How to Add a Campaign article.
- Under the Creative – Video setting, select Click here to add Video to access all the videos previously created. Select the video creative you want to use in your campaign.To create a new one video click on Click here to Create New Video (please note that in this way you will be able to create only VAST Tag or XML). Enter the creative file name and the Vast tag URL or VAST XML to upload your video.
- Select the video sizes to display on your ads. If your video creative includes multiple sizes, Bucksense recommends selecting at least two. This will allow you to access more inventory and not limit the campaign reach.
Enable the ‘Let me choose’ option and select ‘Only Rewarded’ in the Rewarded drop down menu
- In Budget & Spend Type choose Optimized so that our smart algorithm can automatically optimize your campaign towards a CPC, CPVideo Start, CPVideo 1/4, CPVideo half, CPVideo 2/4 or CPVideo Complete Goal.
- Click on Save all and then Activate to start your campaign